Urban Garden – the alternative for those who suffer from the lack of a private garden. To make your little garden of Eden with fresh herbs and vegetables or colorful flowers, you need much less space than you think in reality. Today we will give you some tips and show various urban gardening ideas.
an urban garden in the city
Do you want to have an urban garden also? It’s easy! Obtain various containers, potting soil and seeds of the desired plant. Whatever will use for containers, they should be best deep between 20cm and 30cm and have holes for drainage in the bottom. When choosing seeds, consider are to grow together in a container which plants. Such are e.g. the herbs that you can ideally combined in a container. Would you like to eat fresh vegetable garden, then plant leafy vegetables with the most nutrient content, such as green, kale, chard, or tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peppers and onion on. To the green vegetable container, you could also add a fresh splash of color, through a container with edible violets and marigolds.
Urban garden: tips, ideas and examples
make patio with a vertical vegetable and herb garden
What you need to do is to fill the container to about 2-3cm below the edge with soil and planting the seeds, or simply buy seedlings and replant in the containers. irrigate it and place it on a sunny windowsill. Container with pea, lettuce and salad flowers you can bring out even in the middle of April and all the others only in mid-May.
urban gardening ideas &# 8211; fresh vegetables themselves breed home
Some creative ideas for urban gardening in the spring:
- cultivate germs in glass jar – The delicious and healthy seeds are super easy to cultivate. All you need is a clean glass jar, a piece of cheesecloth, a handful of seeds, water and a few days of patience. Fill the jar with fresh water and add the seeds to do so. Let soak the seeds overnight in a glass jar with water. Then attach the drain cheesecloth with elastic and water. refill fresh water and allow the water to drain again. This should be done twice a day until the seeds are ready for consumption. Which is about 2-3 days. During this time, let the glass vessels lay in an exposed location.
let tasty seeds and various bean plants grow in glass
- Indoor plants propagate – To make an indoor garden, you can leaves or stems of various plants, such as , Simply place Philodendron, Efeutute, Chlorophytum, African violet or succulent plant in water and place in the sun until they are rooted begin. Then you can plant them already.
Houseplants simultaneously propagate in the glass and arrange for decoration
How can an urban garden look like and what plants are suitable?
- grow fresh vegetables – a great example of this is the growing of spring onion from the cut ends of the bulb stem. In this way, you can also breed ginger and carrots.
urban garden at the window
What is needed?
- spring onion
- Plastic Egg Carton
- Scissors or X-acto knife
- Water and sunlight
Step 1: First you make the plastic containers clean
Step 2: Cut out so great Lächer in the top of each Eikörbchen, so you can put the chopped onion ends through the holes.
Step 3: Pour water into each Eikörbchen. The onion roots should be completely submerged.
Step 4: Cut the ends of a collar onion and insert it in the water-filled plastic container.
Step 5: Decorate a sunny windowsill with your little onion garden. Change the water every few days.
creative and easy craft idea for small DIY onion garden
- Create indoor herb garden – A Kraeter-Urban Garden in the interior requires direct sunlight. The window sills are the ideal place for your fresh herbs in this case. The problem comes when the window sill is not enough for your herb garden and you need extra space for new and other herbs. Then you can tinker hanging flower pots or containers for the wall. As? See the same. After all, can a urban garden also create vertical.
the hanging herb garden outside the window
Craft idea for DIY flower pot lights at. Here are the materials:
- Glass jars or plastic containers
- String or twine of cotton, nylon, hemp
- Sand and gravel for drainage
- potting soil
cool craft idea for DIY flower pot lights and creative idea for indoor urban garden
Step 1: Cut 8 cords in the same length of 60-90cm and tie all together at the end.
Step 2: Divide the 8 cords in pairs 4 and tie each pair in a distance of about 7-8cm from the common node.
Step 3: Now divide the two cords of an already knotted pair. Take a string of two adjacent pairs that are available each and start to tie the second set of nodes at a distance of 5-8cm. Take lots knot series until the selected container you fit into the mesh.
Step 4: Before planting the desired plant in the container, place a layer of sand and a layer of gravel. Then enter the soil and plant herbs or flowers.
Step 5: Finally, you tie together all eight lines at the top and by hacking hang the DIY flower pot lights on.
urban garden on the wall
The wall design with plants represents another idea for ” urban garden ” is. We have also prepared a cool craft idea and, as you tinker small and colorful flower pots for wall made of felt.
It is required:
- Felt – preferably about 50cm long piece
- sewing machine
- Thread and scissors
- Felt flower pot pattern (here)
- small plastic bags
- potting soil
tinker felt flowerpot on the wall itself
Step 1: The pattern on paper A4 paper, cut both parties and together with scotch tape.
Step 2: Pull out the contours of the pattern on an approximately 50 cm long piece of felt. If you do not have such a long felt it, you can simply sew together two pieces.
Step 3: sewing a thin hem at the end of part 1. Then fold part 1an the point where the dotted line is and sew the two sides.
Step 4: Put the small bag in the sewn felt bag. Then fold part 2 so that the pointed tab comes in in the bag and tucked the back of the bag.
Step 5: Mark the spot where the eye should be placed and put them on.
Step 6: Fill in the Filztasche with soil and plant the plants selected.
Step 5: Decorate the wall with your DIY Wall flowerpots and design a mini urban garden.
Terrarium as an alternative to the lack of garden
- bring nature into the interior by a DIY Terrarium – A small terrarium with Greens will not only freshen the room, but also make more comfortable. Suitable plants for the target are e.g. different ground cover, moss, ferns, and vines that need a cool, moist environment in the shade to thrive. Get hold of an interesting glass container, soil and gravel, and make a small green oasis.
a glass jar and some mini-plants are genung for your small garden inside
design your terrace as an urban garden with several plants and large flower pots
Fantastic combination of pallets, fresh summer colors and plant design for small balconies
urban garden &# 8211; creating a little oasis on the balcony
great inspiration for urban garden and landscape gardening in the backyard
make garden wall and decorate with flower pots
Idea for patio design with a small vegetable garden and a vintage mirror
use ventilation hole bricks for creating and designing a mini garden
Inspiration of PullTab design for urban garden with water on a roof terrace
transform your patio into urban garden
Photo: Norman McGrath